More information for Autumn 2020
- FIRST block of 6 weeks: Mon 14th Sept to Thurs 22nd Oct
- No rehearsal in the week beginning 26th October
- SECOND block of 6 weeks: Mon 2nd Nov to Thurs 10th Dec
MONDAYS on ZOOM. Our Main Weekly Sing. 7pm - approx 8.20pm
(come at 6.50 to say hello, and be ready for the off!)
- Mondays will be the main event each week.
- All the material we're covering in the coming 12 weeks will be sung and taught on Mondays
- We'll be aiming for slightly longer, less rushed sessions lasting 80-90 minutes
- We'll have more time in groups to learn parts to the songs with Alan, Sue and Maria every Monday
THURSDAYS on ZOOM: 7-8pm. Our informal recap session.
- Thursdays will be recap, extra practice, more informal sessions to enable anyone to come and run over again the songs and parts we rehearsed on Monday
- Should give time for more interaction with the leader and each other, depending on numbers
- Will be led by one of us - Alan, Sue or Maria
- Thursdays are only for singers who are also coming on Mondays
Join in on both Mondays and Thursdays and get that extra practice
to help you get your part right, or just come on Mondays - your choice!
- The Zoom invitation and password will be emailed to you so you can join the VoiceWorx LIVE sessions.
- It’s a different experience to singing in the hall on Mondays! We can all sing at the same time, and we can chat to each other in between songs.
- We can write questions in the CHAT column, and we can see but not hear each other as we sing.
- We hear the vocal tracks as we sing, including your parts, so it's like singing along with the choir.
- We warm up properly, sing our hearts out, and learn each part separately as we go through the session, sometimes in separate parts, in separate 'rooms'.
- New members can come for a free TASTER session. Just indicate that when you REGISTER
- You will need to set up ZOOM on your computer, or tablet. There's some help for doing that HERE.
- You can print your own music at home - it helps to have your own copy, or have it showing on a tablet or computer if you know how! We'll also project the music and words on screen during the rehearsals.
Everyone, new or old members, needs to REGISTER AND PAY HERE
Here are the membership fees for this Autumn:
a. Mondays only, 6 weeks - £50
b. Mondays only, 12 weeks - £100
c. Mondays and Thursdays, 6 weeks £65
d. Mondays and Thursdays, 12 weeks - £130
e. Pay As You Go: Mondays - £10pw
f. Pay As You Go: Mondays and Thursdays - £12pw
g. TASTER session for newbies (who have not been before) - FREE
Once you have registered you will be directed to the payment page.
1. Will we be singing together in hall this term at all?
We will review how best to progress with everyone who has participated, and agree it at that stage. It looks unlikely that we'll be able to restart regular rehearsals before Christmas. However we might be able to run one-off events, keeping to Covid secure rules...
2. What if one of our leaders is ill?
Alan is being supported by two other experienced choir directors, Maria and Sue. We will do all we can to ensure the sessions continue to run.
3. How much does it cost?
The rates can be seen on the Payments Page HERE. Please discuss with Heather if you have any further queries. firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Does everyone need to register and pay, even if we're in the same house or room, using the same screen?
Yes. We need a fee from each person taking part to make the sums add up.
5. Do I have to do a video recording, like last terms videos?
No! But we’d love to encourage you to try! Here are some really great benefits to YOU and VWx of doing some recording of yourself singing your part:
Musically and vocally. Recording yourself and listening back is alarming sometimes, but really helps you improve your sound, pulse, tuning and rhythm! It’s hard at first - but you will reap the benefits in singing improvements, especially if you try several.
Socially - great to keep in touch with friends, and make new ones! Some of the time we will break into smaller groups where a bit more chat might be possible.
Promotionally - we’ll have some great tracks to add to our website and be able to use them across social media
Members can see more info on how to upload your video after logging in - See: LOGIN drop down, then click on Documents
6. Where can I get help with setting up Zoom?
We have provided some basic instructions to help setting up Zoom and using it to join a singing gathering HERE. You can also access many professionally made videos online that will help you. Zoom provide a great page with lots of specific help HERE.
7. Who is VoiceWorx LIVE run by?
Please take a moment to look around our website to find information about Alan Boxer and VoiceWorx. We're so grateful to have Sue WIlson and Maria Thorne also leading our sessions this season.
Our current members come from all parts of Devon, many from villages around Kentisbeare and Cullompton, with people coming from as far afield as Tiverton, Exeter, Teignmouth and Exmouth, and even Lyme Regis.
8. Where can I get more information?
Please contact Alan Boxer email@example.com about musical things, Heather Lamport firstname.lastname@example.org about financial matters, or Fiona Shere email@example.com about membership matters.